Reporting to the Surveying Manager you will be part of a team carrying out fire compartmentation surveys for a range of private, public and third sector clients including Student Accommodation, Schools, Colleges, Housing Associations, NHS Trusts and Local Authorities.
With a good understanding of Fire safety and the importance of building compliance and the work that we do. You must be a team player able to support the other members of the team. Experienced in managing multiple tasks at any given time, organisational skills and an ability to prioritise are key. We are looking for someone who is customer focused and understands the importance of keeping people safe in their homes.
You must have a strong knowledge of fire safety legislation and guidance within the social housing sector. Knowledge of Approved Document B and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is essential.
- Complete visual inspections and surveys on fire doors to ensure they are up to compliance standards
- Produce specifications requires to achieve certifiable fire stopping solutions through use of Rockwool & Hilti standard details and product installation guides.
- Have a sound understanding of fire door safety requirements including compliant installation techniques
- Have good working knowledge of current Health & Safety and other relevant legislation.
What are we looking for?
- Surveying experience of private and public sector properties
- Full UK driving license
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- IT literate, able to use microsoft suite and Tablet/PDA's
You must hold a relevant professional qualification e.g. Certificate in Applied Fire Risk Assessment or can demonstrate significant experience in Fire Safety Management, and you must be able to evidence any professional and specialist technical skills relating to Fire Safety Management with a detailed knowledge of current regulations and best practice.
The role will suite:
Team players with experience of delivering a passive fire protection surveys to a high standard on time and within budget.
Desirable qualifications include:
- FIRAS Card Holder (Supervisory or Technician Level)
- Level NVQ2 in Passive fire protection
- NVQ Level 4 – Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Emergency First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness
This is a grade 6 role with the following benefits:
- Salary Range £36,000 to £39,000 / annum (dependant on experience)
- Hours of work 39
- 08:00 – 16:30 (Mon to Thurs)
- 08:00 - 15:30 (Fridays)
- Fully expensed company van
- Holidays 29 days holiday per annum (including 8 statutory holiday days) rising by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum 33 days / annum.
- Benefits package comprising:
- Medicash Health Care Plan
- Life insurance
- Early finish on Fridays
- Holidays for long service
- Buddy scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site showers
- Access to counsellors
- Gym discounts
- Refer a friend scheme
- Diversity and inclusion training
- On-site car charging points
Equal Opportunities in Practice
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.