Based around the North West Region.
Responsibility for the safe control of a varied scope of fire protection works delivered across a range of occupied buildings including social housing blocks, education establishments, offices and district healthcare trusts.
Reporting to the Project Compliance Manager, the Technical Compliance Manager will:
- Coordinate works in accordance with company policies and procedures including method statements, risk assessments, safety systems of work and CDM regulations
- Manage and supervise the delivery of works on site to meet programme and commercial constraints
- Hold line management responsibility for the quality of outputs delivered by up to five trades persons (Fire Stopping Technicians, Joiners and Operatives), including evidence-based testing of installations
- Liaise with a range of project stakeholders, ensuring all works are planned in advance and that all logistical arrangements for the supply of materials, plant and equipment is well thought out and fully co-ordinated
- Maintain close links with a team of project planners and that all works are co-ordinated through the company’s CAFM system
- Ensure records of works completed remain accurate and fully reflective of the technical requirements of project specifications
The role will suite
Team players with experience of delivering fire protection, refurbishment and/or building works safely, to a high standard on time and within budget.
Individuals with an interest in fire protection, willing to learn new technical skills through a programme of industry specific training.
- Track record in on site supervision / management
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) / Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- FIRAS Card Holder (Supervisory Level)
- Level NVQ2 in Passive fire protection
- NVQ Level 4 – Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Emergency First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness
This is a grade 7 role with the following benefits:
- Salary Range £36,000 to £42,000 / annum (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work 39
- 08:00 – 16:30 (Mon to Thurs)
- 08:00 - 15:30 (Fridays)
- Fully Expensed Company Car with fuel card or Car Allowance or Car allowance of £6,600 / annum
- Holidays 29 days holiday per annum (including 8 statutory holiday days) rising by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum 33 days / annum.
- Benefits package comprising:
- Medicash Health Care Plan
- Life insurance
Equal Opportunities in Practice
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships