Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Services Manager will be responsible for a programme of surveillance where you will inspect, monitor, and report compliance of Company’s operations against standards prescribed by FIRAS and LPCB third party installation schemes.
Using your experience and knowledge of passive fire protection you will be required to research solutions in support of site-based operations, working with suppliers, and clients to provide advice and recommendations to overcome engineering difficulties.
Additionally, and when working closely with other departments and key members of staff, you will organise and deliver training for new recruits using your knowledge to assess and document ongoing understanding and competence.
In conjunction with organisations including FIRAS and the ASFP, you will also plan and maintain a programme of professional development training ensuring the knowledge of technical based staff remains current and reflective of operational needs.
Your role provides flexibility for you to plan your working week where subject to any predetermined activities and any logistical constraints you will spend your time working efficiently between operational sites, the Company’s offices, and your home address.
The successful applicant will be:
• Understanding and appreciative of requirements set out within third party accreditation schemes, ideally FIRAS and LPCB
• Understanding of Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order: 2005, and Approved Document B of the Building Regulations (England and Wales)
• A diligent and objective team player with an ability to research
• An effective communicator at all levels with close attention to detail when preparing and documenting reports.
• Confident and able to lead by example, willing to delegate whilst support the ongoing development of others
This is a grade 8b role with the following benefits:
- Salary Range £50,000 to £55,000 / annum (dependant on experience)
• Fully expensed Company Car or Car allowance of £7,200 / annum
• Pension Scheme – Contribution Rates 3% Er’s & 5% Ee’s
- Hours of work:
o 07:30 - 17:30 (Mon to Thurs)
o 07:30 - 16:30 (Fridays)
- Holidays 21 days holiday per annum (including 8 statutory holiday days) rising by 1 day for each year of service after the first year of service up to a maximum 25 days / annum
Benefits package comprising:
- Medicash Health Care Plan
- Life insurance
- Participation in a structured programme of training and development including specific industry training courses resulting in accreditations from UKATA, EROSH, ASFP & FIRAS
- Clear progression route
- Early finish on Fridays
- Holidays for long service
- Buddy scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site showers (head office)
- Access to counsellors
- Gym discounts
- Refer a friend scheme
- Diversity and inclusion training
- On-site car charging points (head office)
Equal Opportunities in Practice
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.